November 7, 2018
A Guide for How to Find Your Ring Size
Buying jewelry online from the comfort of your home is great! But when it comes to rings, there’s just one part that may leave you slightly confused – choosing the right ring size. Rings are one of those jewelry pieces that don’t leave much room for error, thus lack of this little detail can make things stressful. Let us offer some help, we promise that decoding your ring size is easy-peasy! Below, you’ll find a few easy-to-use tips & tools that will help you find the correct ring size and get things rolling...
Find a Local Jeweler
Any jewelry shop at the mall will do the trick. This option gives you the most reliable size, since jewelers in the US use the same standard sizes. If you’re out of the US, your local jeweler should have a sizing conversion chart to standard US ring sizing.
Accuracy: Most reliable
Use a Plastic Ring Sizer
You can order and reuse our plastic ring sizers—find it here.
Pass the sizer along to your friends when you’re done. You’re definitely not the only one who doesn’t know their size!
Accuracy: Works pretty great, but make sure to follow all the included instructions.
Use a Printable "Ring Sizer Tool"
Find a printable ring sizing sheet online.
Accuracy: There is room for error, but if you follow the instructions carefully you should get a good idea of your ring size.
More Tips for the Most Accurate Sizing
1. Make sure the ring slider, whether its paper or plastic, fits over your knuckle otherwise you wont be able to slide the ring into the right place.
2. Salty foods can cause fingers to swell up a bit, measure your finger at the end of the day when they tend to be a bit more swollen.
3. Similarly, cold weather can cause your skin to shrink, while heat can cause it to expand. Make a note of this when sizing your finger.
4. Keep in mind that fingers on each hand can have different sizes.
5. In comparison to thin bands, rings with thick bands will always be slightly tighter.
6. Finally, when in doubt, order up half a size.
If you end up with a ring that doesn't fit, it's not the end of the world. If you know us, you know we want you happy, and we're here to help. Hope these helpful tips help you decode that ring size.